Thursday, January 16, 2014

noticed. . .

 "Pay attention, he thinks. Not to the grand gesture, but to the passing breath." ~ Lauren Groff (Arcadia)



Yesterday the dog and I walked along the river. He thought it was warm enough to wade a bit. It was gorgeous out, almost 60 degrees. Such a change from the bitter cold we were having. 



The shore was full of river clam shells and rocks and a lucky penny and I stuffed the pockets of my vest with treasures as he waded. At one point the geese across the river took off, all at once filling the sky. He and I both stopped to watch as they flew overhead, listening to their clamor. 





I came home and emptied my pockets onto a corner of the kitchen table and woke up this morning to the morning light showing them off. 

i hope your day is good, 
xoxo

8 comments :

Katie said...

wow, cathy, these are so rich in warmth!

kelly said...

oh my goodness that light is just perfect. we're having warmer temps too which is so nice. good to be outside soaking up the sun. xoxo

Dotti said...

Lovely photos from a wonderful walk. Lucky Basil!

AFishGirl said...

That feather is a calming treasure. I needed to see this today. Your shots are so good for the soul to view.

Viv@within the Frame said...

Wonderful glad the temperatures have warmed have a great weekend...

lifeinthewyldewest said...

What a really great memory, I love your treasures.

lesley austin of my rosehip bower said...

Soulful. Thank you for picking up the camera to capture the beauty you noticed...and then sharing with us.

Susan said...

Beautiful found treasures in this soft warm light...lovely little reminders of a walk with Basil on a gorgeous day.