Thursday, July 3, 2014

this week in my kitchen

“But since soup mainly involves tossing everything in a pot and waiting, it's one of my better dishes.” 
~ Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games 









There has been a fair amount of goodness in the kitchen this week. I bought a ton of broccoli at the farmers market and taught Justin to make broccoli cheese soup. The first of the organic corn hit PCC and so we grilled it one night and had it with some pork tenderloin. I grilled extra and the next night made a corn salsa to have with chips. Oh, and there were cookies! And artisan bread! The first of those I have had in awhile. I made a great chicken curry salad one night, but forgot to take photos. There has also been lots of fresh fruit; we are still seeing cherries and strawberries at the markets and the apricots and berries are starting to show up. I love this time of year. . .  

what did you make this week? 
xoxoo 

linking up with Heather today. hope you drop in to see all yummy goodness.  

8 comments :

Christine said...

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Corn! I love corn and it's harder to come by here. The Europeans have not yet learned to love like we do back home. A nice reminder the day before July 4!

Deb said...

That crusty bread did me in. I am starving now. :) I have been so busy running the roads that the retired-guy has been barbequeing all week so nothing too exotic to report. Your soup looks so good and I so enjoy your photos. Deb

Liz ~ A Natural Nester said...

I love grilled corn - just bought a bunch from the local farm market to throw on the grill this weekend! And we had cookies in our nest this week too... yum!

Katy said...

Such great photos! Grilled corn is one of my absolute favorites! We love it with a bit of lime rubbed all over and a pinch of salt. Thanks for sharing!

Ock Du Spock said...

Your food looks great and I love your pictures as well! Lovely.

Dotti said...

Oh, my! I'm going to have to visit your kitchen one of these days. If everything is a good as it is pretty, I'm in for a treat! :-D
Happy 4th! {I think it's grand that you followed your heart for the FOL post tomorrow instead of doing an 'obligatory' 4th of July meme. After all, not everybody who reads us lives in the US.}

AFishGirl said...

I made martinis. That kind of week. I hope to get a blog post up soon...

Diane said...

So much goodness, and so beautifully shared with us. Enjoy the holiday weekend! ox